Location: Baltimore, MD
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Work Model: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and/or weekends
Vehicle Required: Yes
Amount of Travel Required: 25-50% within a 25mi community service area
Positions Supervised: Community Guides
Reports To: Director of Field Operations or Regional Manager
At Reema Health, we believe that a personalized, community-based approach to care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets our members where they are, and understands the community’s resources — can ease those burdens. Our mission-driven and member-focused company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Care Team Manager.
The Care Team Manager role includes both a supervisory scope of work and a member portfolio, which reflects the work of the Community Guides at a leadership capacity. The Care Team Manager regularly works from a computer or tablet, participates in and facilitates virtual meetings, and receives and makes frequent calls to and from members. The Manager leads by example in supporting our mission and is a champion of team leadership and cohesion for our Care Team Program and its Community Guides. They respond to concerns respectfully and constructively. The Manager should listen to staff issues and concerns and be able to de-escalate and/or resolve situations. They possess an innate ability to solve problems, if possible, and work collaboratively with supervisory and executive leadership personnel for input or assistance in achieving goals and supporting the Guides. A primary strength of the Care Team Manager should be communicating with all stakeholders including community members, other Community Guides, and management personnel in addition to comfortability in navigating the ambiguous nature of a constantly growing and evolving startup. The Manager will continue to take initiative, set, and propel the team towards meeting goals, and increase efficiency in serving the community. Their ideas are seen as paramount to Reema’s engagement within the community.
- Communicate and champion changes that impact the care team
- Facilitate and lead regularly scheduled meetings and activities including time in the Care Team office, Team Meetings, Individual Meetings with Direct Reports, Case Reviews, Community Volunteering, and Team Building Events.
- Facilitate weekly check-ins that include staffing and metrics updates, reporting and setting monthly Care Team goals with the Regional/District Managers and/or the Director of Field Operations in collaboration with other supervisors in their shared community service areas.
- Own metrics surrounding Engagement; including Re-engagement, New Engagements, and weekly Guide activity.
- Lead bi-weekly check-ins for Guides who have reached their maximum member capacity and weekly meetings for those under their maximum capacity; setting and monitoring individual Guide goals around metrics, Guide activity, and/or member interactions.
- Facilitate and track in field new employee orientation and training of new staff.
- Provide support and supervision to Guides within assigned teams; including researching resources for current engaged members
- Become a champion for partnered outreach and display a willingness to support other Community Guides in their community outreach.
- Participates in the Guide Interview process by functioning as lead member for Care Team Interviews.
- Will continue to perform daily Community Guide tasks and balanced caseload as outlined below:
- Establish trusting relationships with members through an empathetic, strength-based, and trauma-informed approach
- Utilization of text messaging, phone calls, home visits, and social media as a primary means of engagement to meet member needs
- Be knowledgeable about community resources appropriate to support needs of members
- Establish positive relationships with community partners, including providers most frequented by members
- Make referrals to community resources, follow-up with members, and attend appointments as necessary
- Remain a steadfast component of members’ support system, being there in crisis and through everyday life challenges
- Encourage members towards independence and self actualization
- Strong ability to listen, empathize, and appreciate the vulnerability of members willing to share their challenges
- Work with a diverse population in the heart of the community
- Become an integral member of a start-up team offering a unique perspective
- Willingness to learn from other members of the Reema team including the leadership team and Product Development team
- Maintain confidentiality of PHI and abide by HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintain organization and consolidate detailed information of member interactions into notes and summaries
- Job responsibilities to grow and change as business necessitates
- Can navigate ambiguity. You are excited to join a startup company that is constantly changing and redefining itself.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Required – Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Health Sciences, or other related field. Years of related experience and subsequent expertise can be substituted for years of completed education towards a bachelor's degree
- Required- Two years of program management/supervision experience in healthcare, community-based and/or social work settings
- Required – One year of direct experience with local population or community to be served and knowledge of community
- Preferred – Knowledge of crisis planning, case management, and/or behavioral health
- Preferred- Proficiencies in critical thinking, time management, strategizing, and multitasking
- Strong propensity towards building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to initiate conversation and create connections quickly
- Ability to develop, adapt, and execute outreach plans
- Basic knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and Video Conferencing required; G-Suite preferred
- Technology proficient
Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Qualified applicants must have flexible and reliable access to transportation, a valid Driver's License, Vehicle Insurance, and a satisfactory driving record
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations regarding patient confidentiality HIPAA
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA Options
- Flexible Schedules
- Unlimited Time Off
- Mileage Reimbursement
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks.
Reema Health has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic responsibilities have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and assess the prospective employee and/or current employees ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities for this role. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.